Grandmas Are the Greatest

Grandmas Are the Greatest

Grandmas Are the Greatest

Grandmas Are the Greatest

Ben Faulks

Nia Tudor

Bloomsbury, 2024

32pp., pbk., RRP $A16.99

9781526634849

There are certain days on which I just HAVE  to wear my favourite t-shirt.  The one that tells others that they had better be careful!

Because even though I am a grandma to two of the best grandchildren you could ever wish for, I am so much more than that.

And this charming book in rollicking rhyme with its oh-so-appropriate illustrations is a celebration of ALL the things grandmas are rather than some doddery stereotype with a bun, cardigan and walking stick.  Grandmas can be actors or acrobats, ambulance drivers, expert chef. even a secret spy.  But there is one thing they all have in common – they love their grandchildren unconditionally and just want whatever is best for them. And there is a companion book about grandads too, offering such scope for a pictorial display of all the things the children’s grandparents are that this book is a must-have for any study of families or stereotypes.  

The only problem I have with being a grandma is that the grandchildren grow up so fast – one day they are babes in arms and the next they are young adults in jobs!  Where does the time go?